Teeth Whitening from your Surrey Dentist
There are numerous methods readily available for clients who wish to attain a brighter smile, and with so many options offered, it can be hard to choose the method that is right for you. The best method to begin any teeth-whitening program is to schedule a consultation and talk to your Surrey dentist about the differences between in-office professional whitening and at-home whitening.
In-office teeth whitening is carried out in our Derna Dental Clinic professional office. During an appointment, your Fleetwood dentist will apply a whitening gel to the surface area of your teeth. The entire procedure typically takes about 90 minutes and you will have the ability to see outcomes right away.
- For At-Home Teeth Whitening, there are a couple of different options available: tray whitening, paint-on teeth whitening, whitening strips, and whitening toothpaste and mouthwash.
- Tray lightening is a whitening procedure that uses customized trays and whitening gel only available through your dental expert. The lightening gel is put in custom-fitted trays that fit perfectly over your teeth. As the peroxide in the gel breaks down, hydroxyradicals assist in lightening stained teeth.
- Paint-On Teeth Whiteners can be purchased at the drugstore as an over-the-counter whitening option. They are usually less expensive and less effective than bleaching strips or expert options. Paint-on teeth whiteners consist of a gel that is applied to the tooth making use of a small brush. Paint-on bleaching gel sets into a film that coats the teeth, and dissolves in the mouth.
- Teeth-whitening strips are thin, flexible plastic strips with a thin film of hydrogen peroxide on one side. The bleaching agent is used by putting the strips on your teeth and gently pressing the strips to make contact with all your teeth. Teeth-whitening strips are typically used for 30 minutes a day, twice a day.
- The least expensive choices are whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes. Created to have “bleaching” capabilities, toothpastes and mouthwashes work to remove surface area discolourations utilizing moderate abrasives.
If you want to find out more about teeth whitening, please contact our practice to schedule a consultation.