Sedation Dentistry from your Surrey Dentist
Imagine going through a complex dental treatment like a root canal, extraction, or oral surgery with no recollection of the time it took, the sound, or the pain you were expecting. We are pleased to provide our patients with the choice of comfortable, safe, and reliable sedation dentistry. Patients who take advantage of sedation dentistry have:
- A worry or anxiety of being at the dental expert
- A hard time sitting still for extended periods of time
- A hard time getting (and remaining) numb from anesthetics
Sedation dentistry allows your Surrey dentist to supply a range of dental treatments securely and conveniently for clients who experience stress and anxiety. There are numerous benefits to sedation dentistry:
- No memory of undergoing the procedure
- No sense of time while under sedation
- No sense of smell or sound
- No worry or stress and anxiety throughout treatment
Clients who have undergone a treatment utilizing sedation dentistry will tell you it is a basic, peaceful way to experience dentistry. There is no need to be nervous about getting sedation dentistry at our practice. We are certified by the Canadian Dental Association, and you will discover that we are respectful and professional at all times.
Sedation dentistry is closely regulated by law; the sedative state at which your dental practitioner at Derna Dental will administer your treatment is, mild sedation.
- Mild Sedation – Anxiolysis is the lightest form of sedation dentistry and is typically utilized for patients with mild stress and anxiety, longer procedures, or more complicated scenarios. For mild sedation, we typically administer Ativan and Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas).
At our Surrey dental practice, Derna Dental Clinic, our sedation dentistry is administered three different ways: by inhalation, orally, and intravenously. Speak to your dentist for information on which administration method is right for you.
At Derna Dental Clinic, your Fleetwood dentist, we are an IV Certified and Licensed Practitioner. We have been licensed and certified to administer IV sedation and have received additional specialized training to be legally licensed by the Board of Dental Examiners.
Kindly contact our practice to set up an assessment, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out which sedation dentistry approach may be right for you.